Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Road Trip


We three amigos (John David, Uncle Fireman and I) decided to take a road trip to Fort Worth. We went to visit our cousins and attend the Colonial Golf Tournament. On the way to Fort Worth, the boys forgot to wake me up for an icee stop at Buckey's. In order to keep their favorite female companion in good spirits, they decided to drop me off at the salon for a manicure and pedicure when we arrived in Fort Worth. The boys proceeded to my aunt and uncle's house. It took fifteen minutes and my mom searching for me in a panic for the family to believe that the boys didn't forget me at Buckey's. Sorry mom. I was just getting my toes painted.
The three amigos (John David, Uncle Fireman and I) spent Friday night in the same room together. I can personally report John David was sleeping soundly in his bed. The problem was that he wasn't sleeping quietly. I volunteered to sleep on the tiny mattress on the floor so John David could sleep in the bed. He repaid my kindness by talking all night long in his sleep. Uncle Fireman Joe was fast asleep on the blowup mattress. After sleeping in the same room as Uncle Fireman this weekend, I am rethinking if we will be able to share a bedroom - EVER. He snored louder than my dad -who can compete with a train whistle anyday while he sleeps. It was a good thing I took a nap on the way to Fort Worth because the boys were the only two who slept Friday night. I am now a professional Solitaire player on my Iphone.



Saturday we went to the golf tournament. My aunt and uncle live in the neighborhood where the Colonial is held. It was so nice to walk back and forth to the golf course. I also was able to witness my first hole-in-one. Isn't their house cute?



Sunday we headed to Buffalo, Tx for lunch with my Great Aunt Jean and my Uncle A.E.




This is a quick moment when my Uncle A.E. wasn't telling a story about a cow or "the war." My Uncle A.E. fought in World War II. It is men like him we have to thank for our freedom. One of my all time favorite memories of Uncle A.E. happened about ten years ago at the beach. Everyone was having a great time playing in the sand and water. Uncle A.E. was in his lounge chair sitting straight up scanning the horizon. He was scanning the water for "the Japs." He is still fighting "the war." If you ever meet Uncle A.E., please don't tell him I drive a Japanese vehicle. I would like to continue to be invited back for Sunday lunch.




This is the fantastic lunch my Aunt Jean prepared. We had a great time visiting and eating. Aunt Jean even called me bossy when I insisted on staying and washing the dishes. For once, I was happy to be called bossy! After lunch, we three amigos headed back to Houston. I took a nap. Once again, the boys didn't wake me up for a stop at Buckey's. They are still in a bit of hot water for not stopping.
We had a wonderful time seeing our family for Memorial Day weekend. We are so thankful for our family, our freedom and the chance to all sleep in our own beds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment