Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Big 40

Happy Birthday to Joe. He turned 40 this weekend. We had his family birthday party on Sunday. Joe spent time trying out his parenting skills on his nephew Riley. Riley loved being twisted upside down. I got dizzy just watching Riley be turned upside down!
I am so thankful that Mark and Christa were able to come and have dinner and cheesecake with us. We consider them family. My cousin John David and his girlfriend Amanda also enjoyed the party. I am so thankful to look in the corner and see these four. They made me laugh everytime I glanced in their direction.

Joe picked out a Banana Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. He loved it.



We also served three other bite sized flavors for his birthday. As soon as I took this picture, I looked up and Joe's sister was laughing at me. I guess taking pictures of your food is strange. But I enjoy looking back at pictures to see what we served at various functions.


Jarrott passed on cheesecake and instead chose cookies. I consider it my job as an Aunt and surrogate Aunt to sugar up the kids and send them home.




I found these adorable turtles at Anthropology. Thanks to Amanda's penmanship we were able to make cute signs to label all the food. We had appetizers of fresh fruit and vegetables, chips and three kinds of dip and a few other munchies. For dinner, we had salad, lasagana, shrimp scampi, fresh green beans, potato salad, and fresh bread. For dessert, we had an assortment of cookies, fresh watermelon, banana cheesecake, New York cheesecake bites, white rasperry cheesecake bites, and turtle cheesecake bites. I think all of Joe's family went home full. Joe's mom asked me if I secretly had any italian in my blood? I took that as a compliment. It is better to have plenty of food than to leave your guests hungry!






Amanda was my lifesaver for the party. I would not have gotten everything ready without all of her help. She help me unload all the groceries, cut fruit, wash vegetables and help me figure out where everything was in my own kitchen. Thanks, Amanda! It wouldn't have been nearly as nice a party without your help!





No comments:

Post a Comment