Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alligator Hunting

I was awake very early this morning. We are expecting large quantities of rain over the next few days due to the hurricane in the gulf. I decided to get some exercise before I was stuck inside for the next few days. As I was walking around the lake, I spotted a pair of eyes watching me. It was an alligator in our lake. My first instinct was to put as much distance between Mr. Alligator and me as humanly possible. My next thought was that Holdyn would be so excited to see a picture of Mr. Alligator. I called Holdyn and told him what I saw. He was beyond excited and wanted a picture. Luckily, I had my camera phone to document one of the crazier things I have ever done. I was officially stalking an alligator on orders from my favorite three year old. We were a little less lucky because Mr. Alligator decided to submerge himself before I got close enough to get a picture.
I had orders from Holdyn not to leave the lake. He wanted a picture. I tried in vain to find the spot where the alligator would surface.


Holdyn said, " Auntie are you still looking for my alligator?" I told him I was sitting on the dock. Of course, he wanted to see a picture of the dock where I could bring him to fish one day. Please note I sat on this dock for over thirty minutes waiting for the alligator to surface to please Holdyn. He was not very happy when I gave up my hunt.

This is the only type of alligator I prefer to be close to in real life.




Holdyn will show you how an alligator sticks his head out of the water and keep his body submerged at the same time. I bet this little alligator is pretty ticklish.



When Holdyn's momma went to take an important phone call, he also tried to submerge like an alligator in Cynthia's kitchen sink.






He is pretty cute no matter what type of animal he is pretending to be. He has one of the best imaginations I have ever seen in a three year old. He also keeps our family on our toes at all times.






For good measure, I am reminded that there will also be fun girlie adventures in my future thanks to Baby Hadley being a part of our lives. Look at those fat cheeks. I can't want to kiss them soon! Hopefully the only hunting Hadley and I will do might include looking for alligator high heels or an alligator purse.






No comments:

Post a Comment