Thursday, June 3, 2010

Kemah Boardwalk

Joe and I decided to have a date day to the Kemah Boardwalk. I had never been to Kemah. We had a great time and I would love to take the little man in the picture below to the boardwalk to ride all the rides Uncle Fireman can stand to ride with him. Don't worry, Auntie will be there to photograph the rollercoasters that I refuse to ride anymore. The wooden rollercoasters just don't seem as safe as they once did. I think I am getting old.
Speaking of Firemen, Pops showed up for Holdyn's last day of school. Excuse me, his name is Holdyn the Fireman, and if you get it wrong he will correct you. He also wears three layers of fire jackets every day despite the 90 degree heat. He is a dedicated fireman who called Auntie and told me "Me Love You Auntie." It was enough to produce tears talking about it on the way to Kemah. Uncle Fireman quickly reminded me that this is date day and I wasn't allowed to cry. It is time for a visit with my little fireman and his adorable sister who chooses fashion over firesuits anyday. Hadley is my kind of girl. I love her expression in this picture also. She is looking at her brother like what are you doing now? I would also like to thank my dad for keeping his eyes open in the picture long enough for someone to snap it.



Joe and I loved sitting on the patio and watching all the boats go past us. We spent over an hour just boat and people watching.

We picked Joe's Crab Shack because they have the best porch to block the sun and enjoy the breeze. There were better restaurants Joe wanted to eat at but Joe's by far has the best set up to sit outside for lunch.



Joe was not happy I made him stand in front of the sign stating "The Origional Joe's." He is learning quickly to pick and choose his battles. I think he has a cute smile and I loved him standing in front of anything close to a monogram.




I think I saw Forrest Gump's boat go by as we sat on the porch. Joe asked me, "Is that one of those movies that made you cry?" I quickly told him there is nothing past tense about that statement. Forrest Gump is my all time favorite movie. I can almost quote the whole movie. Yes, I cry everytime I watch it. What can I say, I love Forrest Gump and Bubba too! I remember the movie came out on tape when I was in the seventh grade. My dad suprised me and bought it for me. I was so excited. It is a classic and I still watch it over and over again.





I decided I wouldn't mind having a boat if we could travel on this boat. I can imagine diving near our favorite islands as our full time job. I was in sticker shock as Joe told me the price of boats. Well we don't need a boat, we just need a good friend willing to lend us their boat for a fun vacation.





No comments:

Post a Comment