Friday, May 14, 2010

Foto Fights Fires

Uncle Fireman Joe was so nice to let us crash the Houston fire department for a tour. I will note that all the guys were much more cooperative than Uncle Fireman Joe himself.
Uncle Fireman Joe, Foto and Cindy taking a moment to look at all the equiptment.

Joe and Foto

Foto loved the fire station. I am so thankful for Houston 38 and their hospitality. Ok, lets be honest, they didn't have much of a choice. The boss had orders from his girlfriend to make sure Foto was able to see all the station had to offer. I will tell on myself and say that once I left one of the guys said, "Captain you might be the boss here but we know who the boss is once you go home."


The guys pulled out all the saws and jaws of life equipment for Foto.





Foto had the opportunity to dress as a fireman himself. He said, " Maybe I will come to America and fight fires. I think I would like this job."





This is the rookie who was coaxed into putting on his entire uniform in 90 degree heat just for Foto. Thank you so much. I appreciate it.
A little back story. If your house catches on fire in Chad here is what happens. First, you have to round up enough money to buy diesel. Then you have to buy the diesel. Next, you take the diesel the fire station and fill up the firetruck. The firetruck will then proceed to your house and put out the fire. The ironic point is by the time all these tasks are fulfilled your house has burned down. God Bless America and our brave firefighters, especially, Uncle Fireman Joe (according to Holdyn.)





No comments:

Post a Comment