Friday, May 14, 2010

Can you imagine being fifty-eight years old and never had the opportunity to travel outside your community? I would like you to meet Foto. He is my new favorite person. Foto is from Chad, Africa. My uncle worked for Exxon for four years in Chad, Africa. The person who cared for his every need was Foto. In the words of my uncle, "Foto risked his life multiple times for me." I will also tell you that Foto spoiled my uncle to pieces. My uncle is now being retrained by his loving wife to pick his clothes off the floor and put them in the laundry hamper. My uncle has been able to return the favor. Actually, in Foto's world I would tell you my uncle has given him a priceless gift. He flew Foto to America for a few weeks. Culture shock anyone? Foto loves America. He is totally overwhelmed but taking it all in with grace and very good manners, I might add. We had a crawfish bowl for Mothers Day. My favorite part of this picture is the verbal communication. When we were finished taking photos, Foto said to me, "You tell the boys what to do and they listen to you." I had such a laugh. Welcome to America Foto!
This is Kaylee, my cousin, Starr, who is married to Kenny, Foto, my new favorite Chadian, me, and my Aunt Cindy, who I love more than pizza and cookie dough.


Kaylee and I are chilling in the Texas sun.

Kaylee and her favorite sister-in-law, Starr.




Foto is testing out his first bite of Texas shrimp. I think he loved it!





This is my cousin Kenny and his wife Starr. They have a little girl that will be born in August. We are all so excited.





My aunt was showing Foto how to boil shrimp, corn and potatoes. They were delicious.




These are the boys once again following my instructions to smile for the camera. It was such a special day and I am so glad to finally meet the man that means so much to our extended family. Also, I want to extend a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Uncle Mikey who I love dearly. Next up I will post about Foto's first trip to a fire station and how they put out a fire in Chad, Africa.





No comments:

Post a Comment